For Tissue Approximation
Poly-Tapes are open weave mesh implants which are available in various widths (ranging from 5-40 mm) and lengths (ranging from 500-800 mm). They are also available as single thickness or tubular devices.
Strong: System Strength 1014 N
Low stretch under cyclic tension
Poly-Tapes are indicated for patients requiring soft tissue approximation and reconstruction of ligaments, tendons and other soft tissues.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Poly-Tapes are non-absorbable, sterile, poly (ethylene terephthalate) sutures. They are prepared from fibers of high-molecular weight, long chain, linear polyesters having recurrent aromatic rings as an integral component. Poly-Tape is manufactured with an open weave construct which integrates well with a patient’s tissue. The open weave will retain its shape and resists elongation in either longitudinal or latitudinal directions.
Poly-Tapes differ from USP Sutures in being in the form of woven tapes and in exceeding all USP sizes. Poly-Tapes are available for the Indication listed below as tubular or single thickness, dense tapes, in widths from 1/8” – 1/5” (3 mm – 5 mm), and 24” – 32” (600 mm – 800 mm) long. (See Ordering Information.) They are supplied without needles attached, and for single use only.
Standard Poly-Tapes (supplied sterile):
- 102-1083U Poly-Tape, 30 mm x 800 mm (open weave)
Features and Benefits
- No requirement to harvest a soft tissue graft to reconstruct the ligament or tendon; reduces morbidity
- Open weave structure acts as a scaffold, for tissue ingrowth
- Made from woven multifilament high tenacity polyester (polyethylene terephthalate) fibre, providing a soft flexible structure with high strength
- Large range of sizes available to suit varying patient anatomy
- Heat sealed ends prevent fraying and facilitate easier passage through bone tunnels and soft tissue
- Compatible with the Fastlok™ fixation device
- Poly-Tapes integrate well with the patient’s tissue and consequently may not be suitable where eventual removal of the tape is anticipated. These oversize sutures are not suitable for use in cardiovascular, ophthalmic or neurological procedures.
Please note: Regulatory approval for products mentioned on this website varies from country to country. For further information, and for details of local distributors and agents, contact our Sales and Marketing team at firstname.lastname@example.org. All data listed on this page is held at Xiros and can be requested by contacting email@example.com.